A Gym with a warm and friendly environment!
Murray Aquatic & Leisure Centre is leading the way through a passion for your health and well being. We offer a welcoming and friendly environment, inspiring you to create positive lifestyle changes to achieve your fitness goals. Our large fully equipped gym is set-up to enable a complete workout by offering three fitness areas.
- Weight Training – Our free weight area includes a range of dumbbells, barbells and pin loaded machines for strength training.
- Cardio – This area is fitted out with treadmills, cross trainers, upright and recumbent bikes, Concept 2 rowers and steppers.
- Dedicated Stretch Area – We supply a variety of fit and medicine balls (including Bosu, medicine and Swiss) to help you increase your flexibility and help you stretch those tired muscles.
Progressive strength training has been shown to have a huge impact on the wellbeing and quality of life of our seniors, and the Living Longer Living Stronger program provides safe, fun and personalised sessions. The Centre has excelled in providing this program to our community receiving the Awards for “Most Outstanding Regional Provider” in 2016 and 2017.
Benefits of joining us
- Appraisals and personalised programs are included on 3, 6 and 12 month memberships
- Crèche facilities
- Climate controlled environment with heated aquatic areas
- Ability to upgrade and suspend memberships
- Personal Training for members and non-members
- Membership options for concession, youth, family, fifo and corporates
An exclusive one-on-one or small group exercise program specially designed for you.
Workouts and training sessions are conducted throughout the Centre with the use of exclusive equipment and techniques available to personal training clients only. Sessions can be purchased in a half-hour or one-hour blocks as individual sessions or a multi-pack for extra savings.
One-on-One Personal Training
Before we provide you with your personal training program, one of our qualified trainers will conduct a full fitness appraisal. This is the best way to know exactly where you are at, what your goals are and then assist in setting your short and long-term goals.
If you have a friend, family member or colleague with similar training goals, why not train together and save. It’s a great way to keep motivated and get results in a fun and interactive way at an affordable rate.
When it comes to exercise for seniors, consistency is more important than intensity
Murray Leisure Centre offers a range of programs suitable for seniors such as:
- Living Longer Living Stronger
- Fab 50’s Aqua
- Gentle Joints
- Active Seniors
- Aqua Circuit
For teens aged 12 to 18 years
Youth memberships include access to our courts, swimming pools, group fitness and teen gym classes.