MALC return to service out of lockdown
In response to the considerations in place from the WA Government as we exit the lockdown phase and transition back to phase 4 conditions on Sunday 14th February, we have had to make some changes to normal operations.
In addition to the changes below, staff will be implementing additional daily cleaning to ensure the Centre remains a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
Please note the following changes:
- The Centre will reopen as of 8am Saturday 6 February to customers and members, with the pool, creche, kiosk and group fitness classes operating. The MALC 24/7 Gym will reopen at 6pm tonight 5 February for valid members.
- All visitors to the Centre (ages 12+) are required to wear a mask, and complete contact tracing requirements (preference is for patrons to use the Safe WA App – see below).
- Swimmers are not required to wear a mask while swimming, however users of the hydrotherapy pool are required to wear one.
- The Centre has a restriction of 150 persons at all times and a 4m2 rule per person which applies. Therefore attendances and access to certain spaces in the Centre may be limited.
- Gym customers are restricted to a maximum of 20 persons at a time, and customers must ensure they are cleaning equipment with the provided gym wipes or disinfectant spray & paper towel after use, and practising good hygiene at all times.
- Group fitness class numbers are restricted to 16 in the Group Fitness room and 7 in the cycle studio. Participants are reminded they will need to wear a mask in classes and please book in via the Murray Fit Login off our website or by calling 9531 2000 . AquaFit, Fit For Life and all Yoga sessions will not operate next week and will recommence as of Monday 15 February.
- The Kickstart Fitness Challenge will commence Monday 8 February.
- Swimming lessons have been postponed for another week, and will recommence Tuesday 16 February.
- The MALC Ladies netball competition has been postponed, with the season now commencing Thursday 18 February.
- The creche will open as per normal from Saturday 6 February.
- The Kiosk will be available for takeaway services only.
- In addition, the Pinjarra Basketball Association & Mandurah Basketball Association have advised that their competitions will not operate this week.
As advised, all members have had their memberships automatically suspended during lockdown 1-5 February. In addition to this, members who attend the AquaFit, Fit for Life or Yoga sessions exclusively can extend their suspension until Sunday 14 February. Family accounts will be credited for the first 2 weeks of Swimming lessons.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!