The Murray Aquatic & Leisure Centre is a family friendly facility and offers multiple swimming pools and a variety of aquatic services for everyone to enjoy. Our friendly lifeguards are fully qualified and happy to assist you with any enquires that you may have.
The 8 lane 25 metre indoor lap pool has a depth range of 1.10 – 1.65m. The pool is heated all year round with the temperature between 27 – 28.5 degrees. An access ladder and disability hoist are both available to assist with entry to this pool. Patrons should always be aware of the lane signage which is located at the end of each lane and should observe swimming etiquette – keeping to the left of lanes.
The indoor beach style Leisure pool with a depth from 0 – 1.05 m is heated to a temperature between 30 and 32 degrees. It can be used for a range of childrens activities or just to relax and enjoy. The leisure pool is equipped with funky features such as beach and tots bobbles, whirlpool, jets and a water wall.
The Hydrotherapy pool is heated to a temperature between 33 – 34 degrees with a depth range between 0.9 – 1.35 metres. It is used for many activities including infant swimming lessons, rehabilitation, aqua fitness or anyone who wishes to enjoy the warmth of the water and heated air. The hydro pool has a built in access ramp for easy entry and is equipped with water jets, a disability hoist and wheelchair.
Our aquatics area is adequately set up for people with mobility challenges. The MLC is equipped with two mobility hoists, an aquatic wheelchair, a disability change bed with recliner settings, access ramps and adapted staircases.
The Murray Aquatic & Leisure Centre is an accredited Watch Around Water facility. Children under five years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult and supervised within arm’s reach at all times while in the Centre. Children under 10 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult and supervised within line of sight at all times while in the Centre. All unsupervised children will be removed from the water.
Health and Hygiene
– All children under three years of age are required to wear a securely fitted aqua nappy. Aqua nappies can be purchased from reception.
– Any person with abrasions should cover the abrasion with a water tight band-aid.
– Any person with open wounds will not be permitted to enter the water.
– Patrons who have suffered from gastro or flu like symptoms are required to stay out of the water until at least 24 hours after the symptoms have passed.
– Persons appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs will be not be permitted to enter the water, and will be deemed unsuitable to supervise children under the age of 10 years.